05 September 2010

Asian high tea (kind of)



This past weekend Tom and I went to Melbourne, which is always a nice thing to do (I still miss living there, I must admit).

We stayed with Tom's parents in East Melbourne, near to my old flat in Richmond and we had a walk around Bridge Road and down to the Gleadell Street Markets. I bought a couple of Chinese boxes that I had been eyeing off for over a year (I bought them as a birthday present to myself, with my birthday being later this week). We also saw a movie at the Palace Como and had a nice Japanese dinner at the great restaurant across the road, just like old days :)

Over the weekend we also went to the Oriental Tea House in South Yarra, which is a nice place to get a late night yum cha or practically any kind of fancy tea you might need. There were having an Oriental style high tea, in which we partook. It was basically a selection of savoury and sweet dim sum with tea. It was quite nice although somehow not quite as special as I'd hoped.